Monday, December 29, 2014
2014: The Year In Review!
2014: The Highlight Reel
- We’ve watched the Eddie Boersema Education and Activity Center go from blueprints to reality. We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to honor Eddie’s legacy with this new facility.
- We had a RECORD BREAKING SUMMER! Over 1,000 overnight and day campers joined us on the shores of Big Blue Lake this summer! If we could school and outside group campers, the number is even higher! We had more waiting lists than we’ve ever had before (we're expecting more in 2015!)
- We added several new videos to Camp Pendalouan’s YouTube page! Two are below:
- At our End of Summer Staff Banquet, it was announced that the Summer 2014 staff collectively donated $1,421.00 of their own money for Pendalouan's Campership Fund. A few even donated their whole last paycheck! Talk about truly modeling the "I'm Third" camp motto!
- Thanks to some of our incredible alumni & donors, we are able to appreciate the beautiful view from the new deck at Wildwood Chapel (below).
- Every weekend between summer camp sessions was full this year. From weekend family camps such as Mom & Kids Camp, Father-Son Camp and Family Camp to Stay-Over weekends, we rarely had a day this summer that wasn't full of campers and guests of all ages making Pendalouan memories!
- A record number of women joined us for Women's Adventure Weekend 2014! Over 75 ladies came to Camp to relax, rejuvenate and participate in camp activities like the high ropes course, a canoe trip and tye-dye! That is double the number of participants of past years!
- A big thank you to the over 80 alumni and friends that came out for Pendalouan Day 2014! Click here to see pictures and find out who attended.
- We opened up registration for our 2015 programs on December 1st! A lot of camper families are taking advantage of our drawing... if you register for a week of overnight camp before the end of the year, you'll be entered to win a FREE 2nd week! We've had a lot of registrations! We're so excited to pick and announce a winner!
ARE YOU A PENDY ALUM or FRIEND OF PENDALOUAN? Former Camper/Staff, Parent, Neighbor? We'd love to hear from you! Send us a message and update your Camp History by clicking here! Also, check out our Camper/Staff lists on our Alumni Website.