Wednesday, August 08, 2012
And... We're Back!
Wow. What a summer it has been here at YMCA Camp Pendalouan. While we had hoped to post on a regular basis throughout the summer, a packed and near-capacity Summer meant we were busy as bees keeping our over 650 campers safe and happy!
We'll do a full recap of Summer 2012 once our Day Camp ends and Father Son Camp is over (the official ending of our summer season), but here are some highlights so far, as well as some of our favorite pictures from Summer 2012!
- Pendalouan Sunglasses and Songbooks were introduced in the Trading Post... and were a HUGE hit!
- The reintroduction of the Camp Song, Hail Pendalouan, and the establishment of the new ritual of raising the Hail Pendalouan flag every morning.
- Session Two was one of the fullest sessions that Pendalouan has ever had!
- The ENTIRE camp made it down to Polar Bear Swim during Session Three.
- Our campers who shared 4th of July with us enjoyed a fireworks celebration with glow sticks, snacks, and music on the beach!
- Waitlists galore! Unfortunately, we were unable to fit some campers into all of our sessions. We had more waitlists than any of us here at Pendalouan could remember. We hate to see campers not get their first choice of sessions or specialty camps. Signing up earlier makes sure your camper doesn't end up on a waitlist!
- A successful Mom and Kids Camp! Canoe Trips, Hikes, a Campfire, Waterfront time, Crafts - and great weather as well! One Mom said, "We enjoyed ourselves so much we are sure to return next year! Thanks for a wonderful weekend!"
Here are just some of the photos taken this summer. For more, check out our Facebook Page and the Photo Album on our Website.
It's truly been an amazing summer here at Camp Pendalouan! Stay connected for more info on Father Son Camp, Pendalouan Day, Halloween Camp & More!
ARE YOU A PENDY ALUM or FRIEND OF PENDALOUAN? Former Camper/Staff, Parent, Neighbor? We'd love to hear from you! Send us a message and update your Camp History by clicking here! Also, check out our Camper/Staff lists on our Alumni Website.
YMCA Camp Pendalouan is a fully accredited resident and day camp. While at Pendalouan, kids and teens make friends, create life long memories, and learn new skills all the while having fun in a safe environment. At Pendalouan, you are a part of a family and campers are led by highly qualified and trained staff. If you would like to learn more about Camp Pendalouan, check out our website, the Camp Blog and our Facebook page.